My baby just turned one and I remember trying to pack everything under the sun into his diaper bag when he was first born. Now, I’ve been able to narrow it down to the essentials and share with you what’s in my diaper bag.
(1) Purse / diaper bag: the obvious essential product. I opted for an all-black bag since it goes with anything! Additionally, having the ability to convert it from a tote to a messenger-style allows for more hands-free shopping
(2) Diapers: Another essential: extra diapers when we’re away from the house for a few hours
(3) Changing pad: Not all public restrooms have a changing pad so we’ve had to devise our own station. These are essential to keep him clean and protect from dirt and grime.
(4) Hand sanitizer: A must have for us, especially during the cold and flu season.
(5) Snacks: my son loves eating so I always pack him some healthy finger foods that will keep him satiated.
(7) Music: if my son is getting fussy or bored, talking doesn’t always calm him down. But, the minute we put on some music, he’s mesmerized and forgets what was bothering him before! Having a happy baby is key!
Tags: #momlife, diaper bag
September 19, 2016
I knew that having a baby would impact the ways I would be able to do errands so when I was shopping for baby strollers I did a lot of research and helped narrowed down my search by answering some key questions. There are so many options out there so I thought it would be helpful to any new parents out there to share some of my tips on what to think about to help you hone in on the stroller that will work for you and your baby.
(1) For new parents, it’s important to consider if you want a system that will allow you attach the baby carrier to the stroller unit and use it that way (aka “frame stroller”), or if you want to have a convertible system (i.e baby carrier attaches to the stroller but as the baby grows, you can attach an actual upright seat).
(2) Are you looking for something compact and lightweight, or do you want something a little heavier that will allow navigation through various terrain?
(3) What are your potential future plans? If more children are a possibility, would you want to purchase a stroller that has add-on options (i.e kickstand, double seats (car seat + upright, 2 uprights))?
(4) Safety was the key thing for me so once I was able to answer the questions above, I consulted various reliable websites to look at the safety ratings, including: Consumer Reports and Baby Gear Lab.
I’d love to hear what other tips you may have – leave them in the comments below! If you’re in the market for a new stroller for your baby or as a gift, enter the giveaway below for a $50 certificate towards one (or anything else baby-related!) on Diapers.com!
SHOP THE LOOK:
This giveaway is a partnership with Nakturnal, with a prize of a gift certificate
Tags: #momlife, baby strollers, black, blue, Express, Paige Denim, red, Sam & Libby, stroller, UPPAbaby, white
August 24, 2016
If you know me, you know I love to host parties. I recently hosted a baby shower for a friend, and thought it would be fun to share with you some of my tips for throwing a successful shower.
Tip #1: set the tone of the shower by sending out paper invitations. In this digital age, it’s so easy to throw together an evite but sending out a paper invite, in my opinion, is so much better. Receipients are able to have a physical momento of the celebration. If I’m not creating my own, I usually head here or here for fabulous finds.
Tip #2: Food! You never want to host a party and not have enough food and drinks but on the flip side, you don’t want to go overboard. I found these tips from the Kitchn a few years ago and they’ve been very handy in my food planning.
Tip #3: make sure the mommy-to-be has a baby registry. Not only does the recipient pick exactly what she thinks her baby will need, it also makes gift giving so much easier for the guests. Make sure that the essentials are on there: diapers, wipes, burp clothes, bibs, swaddles, baby bottles. Aside from these things, a few fun things should be included. I’ve found for my own baby that colorful objects got his attention at early age. So, for any new moms, I would always recommend adding baby games to their registry (such as big puzzle pieces from diapers.com).
Tip #4: dress for the occassion. As the host, I’ve often found that I’ve focused so much on the shower itself that I forget that I need to have an outfit that fits the feel of the shower. For the most recent shower I hosted, it was an all pink garden/tea theme so this lace overlay dress was perfect for the occasion.
Tip #5: have fun! One thing I’ve learned over the years is that no one knows if something didn’t happen or a mistake was made during a party other than you, so don’t stress. Trust me, your guests will probably be having too much fun to notice!
Feel free to share this with all your friends, and I would also love to hear all your tips in the comments below for a successful baby shower!
SHOP THE LOOK:
Welcome to the weekly Style Me Wednesday fashion link-up! The Style Me Wednesday fashion blog link-up goes live every Wednesday and is meant to be a venue for you to showcase what you’re wearing or a favorite look. It’s the perfect opportunity to discover new bloggers (and friends!) and styles.
Simply follow the steps below to join Style Me Wednesday fashion link up!
2. Link up using the widget below to your specific blog post (i.e today’s post), not your blog’s homepage
3. Grab a button to share on your blog post about Shopping My Closet’s blog link up
Linking up with: The Pleated Poppy / The Mummy Chronicles / Classy Yet Trendy / Curly Crafty Mom / Twenties Girl Style / Happiness at Midlife / Sincerely Jenna Marie / Mix & Match Fashion / JoLynne Shane / Rachel the Hat / Pink Sole / Style Nudge / Fizz & Frosting / Still Being Molly / Myriad Musings / I Do DeClaire / Walking in Memphis in High Heels / Style Elixir
Tags: baby games, pink, registry, Salvatore Ferragamo, Tadashi Shoji, Ted Baker
- budget finds (3)
- deals (62)
- gift guide (11)
- giveaway (15)
- home (1)
- how to guide (3)
- inspiration (14)
- link-up (128)
- mom life (3)
- outfits (215)
- review (3)
- save or splurge (16)
- social (2)
- sponsored (19)
- star style (30)
- style trend (106)
- the look for less (11)
- travel (7)
- Navy & pink // Style Me Wednesday
- Style: Redefined – the classic button down shirt
- Dressed up casual // Style Me Wednesday
- Monthly budget finds under $50
- Style: Valentine’s inspired