My baby just turned one and I remember trying to pack everything under the sun into his diaper bag when he was first born. Now, I’ve been able to narrow it down to the essentials and share with you what’s in my diaper bag.
(1) Purse / diaper bag: the obvious essential product. I opted for an all-black bag since it goes with anything! Additionally, having the ability to convert it from a tote to a messenger-style allows for more hands-free shopping
(2) Diapers: Another essential: extra diapers when we’re away from the house for a few hours
(3) Changing pad: Not all public restrooms have a changing pad so we’ve had to devise our own station. These are essential to keep him clean and protect from dirt and grime.
(4) Hand sanitizer: A must have for us, especially during the cold and flu season.
(5) Snacks: my son loves eating so I always pack him some healthy finger foods that will keep him satiated.
(7) Music: if my son is getting fussy or bored, talking doesn’t always calm him down. But, the minute we put on some music, he’s mesmerized and forgets what was bothering him before! Having a happy baby is key!
Tags: #momlife, diaper bag
December 6, 2016
Mixing classic and sporty is something I’ve been trying to do more of since it makes for an unexpected outfit look. When I saw this wool coat at Andrew Marc, I knew it was going in my shopping cart. I love the long coat with its zippered details but also have the option of wearing it with or without the hoodie insert. I was also perusing their other coats and love this grey one. Something about the grey and black is calling my name!
SHOP THE LOOK:
Hooded asymmetrical wool coat – Andrew Marc
Grey crop mockneck – TopShop
White tunic – Rag & Bone
Skinny jeans – Paige Denim
Grey lace heels – Banana Republic
In partnership with Andrew Marc.
Thank you for supporting the brands that make Shopping My Closet possible!
Tags: Andrew Marc, Banana Republic, black, blue, gray, grey, Paige Denim, Rag & Bone, TopShop, white
November 21, 2016
With Thanksgiving coming up later this week, the holiday season will soon be in effect. Our family loves sending out holiday cards since it’s a great excuse to get everyone dressed up, and also, why pass up the opportunity to match your dress to the card? Getting that perfect family picture takes some planning, especially if you have young children, so I thought I’d share some tips for you:
• Research for a photographer and if needed, ask if s/he has experience photographing young children. Look at his/her portfolio to see if the style matches with your vision. Also, it make also give you some ideas on locations or set-ups you’d like to replicate as well.
• Check the weather forecast since you don’t want to be outdoors when it’s raining! If you have kids, try to schedule the session earlier in the day. Not-so-tired kids makes for better pictures!
• Look around to see what type of holiday card you might want to get. Will it require a portrait or landscape orientation, or does it require multiple photos? That way you can communicate with your photographer your goals for the shoot
• Have fun! You get to spend time with your family and it’ll be a fun time to reflect on once you get your photos back
SHOP THE LOOK:
Black patent leather bow pumps – Salvatorre Ferragamo (similar style here & here)
November 4, 2016
Calling all Bay Area readers! Macy’s Union Square is hosting a RACHEL Rachel Roy fashion event next Thursday. It’ll be a fun event that will include a fashion presentation and will showcase limited edition pieces inspired by street graffiti artist, SenOne. Come enjoy this free event while you snack on some appetizers and drinks, listen to music, and meet SenOne! Plus, with any purchase $100 or more, you’ll get a free cosmetic bag that you can personalize with SenOne.
What: Macy’s RACHEL Rachel Roy shopping party
Where: Macy’s at Union Square, Impulse Department (3rd floor), 170 O’Farrell St, San Francisco
When: Thursday, November 10 at 6PM
Why: a great way to find those perfect pieces for your Fall wardrobe
Trivia: did you know that Rachel Roy has styled many A-listers, including Kate Hudson and Lucy Liu, and even our First Lady, Michelle Obama?
To help you get ready for this fun event, I’ve linked some of my favorite pieces from the RACHEL collection:
This post is sponsored by Everywhere Agency on behalf of Macy’s. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support ShoppingMyCloset!
Tags: fall fashion, Macy's, Rachel Roy
October 17, 2016
Traveling with a little one sometimes brings lot of challenges. For example, the first time I ever traveled for an extended weekend getaway, I was feeling overwhelmed. The number of items the baby “might need” grew into a small hill and at one point, looked like it was twice the size of the luggage I had on hand. Since then, I’ve learned what things my baby absolutely needs and has to be packed and what I can count on buying when getting to the travel destination.
One thing that has been a challenge is the sleeping situation with an infant. Foreign environments are one thing but sleeping in a foreign bed hasn’t always been the most positive experience for my son. Somehow, he always knows – even when half asleep – that he isn’t at home. More often than not, my son’s ended up in the bed with me since he didn’t like foreign bed. One challenge, now that he’s much older, is the amount tossing and turning he does while asleep. I recently discovered these inflatable travel bed rails, and let me tell you, it’s made things much better. It gives him his space in my bed and still allows me some undisturbed sleep away from his flailing arms and legs.
I love that the entire set up is compact – the two rails fit into a small pouch and the pump is lightweight and easy to use.
I can easily inflate both rails and slide them underneath the fitted sheet to create a space that feels safe for my son.
Now, everyone can be well rested and ready for some family vacation time.
I love this product so much that I’m giving away a pair to one lucky reader. Let me know what challenges you’ve faced traveling with an infant or why these travel bed rails are a must have for you! Be sure to enter using the widget below!
This giveaway is a partnership with Nakturnal, with a prize of a gift certificate
Tags: #momlife, The Shrunks, travel bed rails
- budget finds (3)
- deals (65)
- gift guide (11)
- giveaway (15)
- home (1)
- how to guide (3)
- inspiration (14)
- link-up (154)
- mom life (3)
- outfits (242)
- review (3)
- save or splurge (16)
- social (2)
- sponsored (19)
- star style (31)
- style trend (133)
- the look for less (12)
- travel (7)
- Stripes on stripes // Style Me Wednesday
- Best coats for the fall (starting at $39)
- Pink for Fall // Style Me Wednesday
- Closet edit (budget friendly + closet investments)
- Outfits lately // Style Me Wednesday