There are a few things that are considered minimal essentials in every woman’s closet. In my opinion, these pieces are the key elements to curate a timeless and classy but also, on trend style. To me, investment pieces are those that will stand the test of time and are worth the money upfront. With this 30% off promotion (code MAINEVENT16), it’s the perfect time to save on them! Here are a few of my favorites:
(1) Trench coat: When the temperatures drop layering is a must so your trench coat may be all this is visible by others. The classic trench coat is in a neutral color and is double-breasted. The silhouette works for all body types due to the adjustable belt.
(2) Classic black heel: every woman should have a pair of black heels in her closet. And this pair is one of my favorite (styled here, here, here, here, and here). The patent leather makes it contemporary but the color keeps it classic. And, the best part? The craftsmanship and fit makes these some of the most comfortable heels I’ve ever stepped foot into (pun intended).
(3) Plaid scarf: What screams fall and winter weather more than plaid? This scarf is perfect for not only keeping your neck warm but also double as a great shawl/wrap when you’d rather be in bed. The classic plaid pattern pairs well with just about anything and is a perfect accessory.
(4) Riding boots: a great pair of leather boots will probably cost in the range of at least $200-300 but the return is high, too. The key is to choose both a silhouette and color that is timeless. That way, you can readily pair them with your favorite jeans or skirts and dresses. I’ve ordered these particular boots and are anxiously awaiting their arrival!
(5) Travel luggage: I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve had luggage fail on me. The worst part? When it happens as you’re trying to manuever through a crowded airport during peak holiday season. The amount of money I’ve spent on cheaper and less durable pieces of luggage has probably exceeded the cost of one investment bag. This leather weekender bag is a great choice: it’s perfect for carry-on size and the full leather bag allows it to stretch so you can pack all your travel essentials without too much worry.
Hurry, the ShopBop sale ends October 14!
Tags: black, brown, Hat Attack, Madewell, plaid, red, Salvatore Ferragamo, Sincerely Jules, Tory Burch, white
Looks You'll Love
- budget finds (3)
- deals (65)
- gift guide (11)
- giveaway (15)
- home (1)
- how to guide (3)
- inspiration (14)
- link-up (146)
- mom life (3)
- outfits (234)
- review (3)
- save or splurge (16)
- social (2)
- sponsored (19)
- star style (31)
- style trend (125)
- the look for less (11)
- travel (7)
- Cardigan & legging weather // Style Me Wednesday
- Style: athleisure (cute looks to inspire your workout)
- Dressing up a striped dress // Style Me Wednesday
- On sale: nude / beige shoe staples
- Snapshots: dressing room outfits // Style Me Wednesday