It’s almost time to pull out the heavier coats and adding scarves for extra warmth. Sarah Hyland gives us a good example of how to do just this without looking like the Michelin man. Her look is borrowed from the boys as she pairs the perfect lightwash skinny jeans with a heavier, warmer peacoat from Tory Burch. A colorblock scarf adds the perfect amount of color. Her loafers with their tassels are the perfect amount of detail and a feminine, quilted handbag balances the entire look.
Inspired by Sarah’s look? Try pairing this similar neutral color, colorblock scarf (that you’ll be wearing all winter long) with this peacoat (and it’s a steal of deal!). These skinny jeans will give proportion to your look. Have fun with these comfy loafers and add this handbag as you hurry along to the nearest warm cafe!
P.S. Need $300 to treat yourself at Kate Spade? Well, look no further!
Tags: Alex Marie Toren, black, blue, cream, Dior, gold, jeans, Le Skinny De Jeanne, MANGO, Michael Kors, Mother, Nordstrom, Rebecca Minkoff, Tory Burch
September 18, 2014
There’s something to be said about pearl earrings. Though small in size, they do make a big impact and affect the feel of an outfit. These Christian Dior double pearl earrings have become a highly coveted statement piece since it hit the stores. A jewelry piece that’s highly sought after but its availability appears to be scarce and probably for good reason. Drawn by the pearls and classy gold accent? Try these inspired pieces to hold you over until you can
find it run to your nearest Dior store. Do you wear pearls?
P.S. Have you entered the giveaway? Only a few more days left!
March 3, 2014
Spring is just around the corner and what a better way to welcome it by adding a few pink items to your closet! Here are a few of my favorite items currently on sale:
1. The perfect sweater to help transition from the cold weather to the milder temperatures of Spring
(Dorothy Perkins Pink Cocoon sweater; on sale for $27 (originally $39))
2. A simple necklace can make just as much of statement as a larger necklace. This pink pentagonal necklace will definitely be an investment piece that you can wear time and time again.
(Macy’s – 14K gold necklace, faceted pink agate pentagon necklace; on sale for $244.65 – save an extra 25% off with yesterday’s deals post (originally $830))
4. Another pair of colored jeans – yes, please! Pair these with an oversized sweater and it’ll scream “I’m ready for Spring!”
(True Religion Finnigan jeans; on sale for $154 (originally $220))
6. Add a pop of color to your outfit and have it be functional, too! This watch is a classic design and will be timeless (and a steal at under $100!)
(Anne Klein Crystal-Accent Rose watch; $95 – save an extra 20% off with yesterday’s deals post)
7. A hint of color in these drop earrings – pull your hair back, and have others admire these cute sparkling earrings.
(Kate Spade Frosty Floral earrings; on sale for $45.56 (originally $68))
8. A cute bow belt to complete your outfit! Try pairing with some white jeans, a dress, or a skirt to give some interesting details.
(Kate Spade Pyramid Bow; on sale for $52.26 (originally $78))
9. Clutches are perfect for when you’re out on the town or on the go. The versatile size allows you to grab all your essentials in a small bag. The sequins add cute detail to this clutch – pair with a black dress and you’re all set!
(River Island embellished corner pochette bag; on sale for $30.11 – order with the ASOS Skater coat and take an extra $30 off with yesterday’s deals post (originally $37.64))
10. Ballet flats are my go-to shoes ‐ I can wear them to dress an outfit up or down. This pair in patent leather blush pink is a must-have for my closet. Pair with some pastels and I’ll be all set!
(Nine West Andhearts flats; $69 – take an extra 15% off with yesterday’s deals post)
SHOP THE LOOK:
Tags: Anne Klein, ASOS, clutch, Dior, Dorothy Perkins, earrings, flats, Kate Spade, Macy's, Nine West, pink, statement necklace, True Religion
February 14, 2014
Happy Valentine’s Day! Here’s some shoe pairing inspiration for your outfit today: this wall print features a sampling of Carrie Bradshaw’s chic shoe collection from the iconic TV show Sex and the City. Hope your day is filled with lots of chocolate, pretty things, and love!
P.S. If you’d like to treat yourself (or have your special someone treat you!) to some of Carrie’s shoes, check these out:
Tags: Agent Provocateur, Brian Atwood, Chanel, Charlotte Olympia, Christian Louboutin, Dior, Gianvito Rossi, J.Crew, Jimmy Choo, Manolo Blahnik, Pierre Hardy, Proenza Schouler, Rene Caovilla, Salvatore Ferragamo, shoes, Sigerson Morrison, Valentino, Vivenne Westwood, YSL, YvesSaintLaurent
- budget finds (3)
- deals (65)
- gift guide (11)
- giveaway (15)
- home (1)
- how to guide (3)
- inspiration (14)
- link-up (146)
- mom life (3)
- outfits (234)
- review (3)
- save or splurge (16)
- social (2)
- sponsored (19)
- star style (31)
- style trend (126)
- the look for less (11)
- travel (7)
- Long cardigans for all budgets
- Cardigan & legging weather // Style Me Wednesday
- Style: athleisure (cute looks to inspire your workout)
- Dressing up a striped dress // Style Me Wednesday
- On sale: nude / beige shoe staples