Sarah Jessica Parker is probably most widely recognized as her character, Carrie, on the television show Sex & the City. Her character is best known for her gorgeous closet, including her large shoe collection.
Sarah Jessica Parker has recently partnered with Nordstrom to sell her exclusive new shoe collection, SJP. So, I thought it would be fun to pair some of Carrie’s most memorable outfits with shoes from the SJP line:
1. SJP “Jill” sandal – the skinny straps on these champagne heels complement Carrie’s statement dress. They bring out the color of the dress and flower detail, and don’t deter from the focal point of her outfit.
2. SJP “Maud” sandal – who can forget this ball gown skirt that Carrie wore while walking through a spice market? Pairing this outfit with the multi-colored straps of the heel bring together the vivaciousness of the outfit as well as the location!
3. SJP “Leslie” espadrille – Carrie’s carefree outfit with her Grecian dress and gold aviator sunglasses can be completed with these mint colored espadrilles. What doesn’t scream Spring more than the metallic detailing and two-tone hue of the mint colors?
4. SJP “Carrie” t-strap pump – This bold dress very fittingly says Manhattan to me. The complementary colors make this bold printed dress “work”, and pairing it with these purple pumps create a very vibrant outfit.
5. SJP “Fawn” pump – this white menswear-inspired outfit is converted to a very feminine outfit with the pop of pink and the large brooch. I love this classic look and to not distract from it, pairing it with a neutral heel is perfect. Plus, it helps to visually elongate the legs!
March 7, 2014
Coral has been a color I’ve been experimenting with lately. The color is very vivid and this scarf is a good example. To allow the coral paisley-like print to be the showpiece of the outfit, I put it against a slightly lighter grey sweatshirt. The grey undertones have a cooler feeling so I continued along the theme by pairing with some black jeans and detailed wedges. How would you have paired this scarf? Let me know ‐ I’d love to hear your ideas.
Happy Friday, everyone!
SHOP THE LOOK:
February 18, 2014
In my younger years, my idea of work wear consisted of a lot of muted colors – think: black, grey, white, and navy. Don’t get me wrong, these are are still considered classic colors for the corporate world. However, having worked in the corporate world for some time now I have found that it’s quite acceptable to express your style and still have your outfit considered “work appropriate”. Here, is an example of an outfit you might catch me wearing at work. To avoid being too “loud”, I generally pick one color and pair it with neutrals. I picked burgundy pants and paired them with a white tee and grey blazer. The blazer is a classic work piece; however, to make the outfit a little more casual I rolled up the cuffs. Lastly, the addition of a patterned scarf helps to balance the top and bottom.
SHOP THE LOOK:
February 14, 2014
Happy Valentine’s Day! Here’s some shoe pairing inspiration for your outfit today: this wall print features a sampling of Carrie Bradshaw’s chic shoe collection from the iconic TV show Sex and the City. Hope your day is filled with lots of chocolate, pretty things, and love!
P.S. If you’d like to treat yourself (or have your special someone treat you!) to some of Carrie’s shoes, check these out:
Tags: Agent Provocateur, Brian Atwood, Chanel, Charlotte Olympia, Christian Louboutin, Dior, Gianvito Rossi, J.Crew, Jimmy Choo, Manolo Blahnik, Pierre Hardy, Proenza Schouler, Rene Caovilla, Salvatore Ferragamo, shoes, Sigerson Morrison, Valentino, Vivenne Westwood, YSL, YvesSaintLaurent
- budget finds (4)
- deals (65)
- gift guide (11)
- giveaway (15)
- home (1)
- how to guide (3)
- inspiration (14)
- link-up (158)
- mom life (3)
- outfits (252)
- review (3)
- Round up (3)
- save or splurge (16)
- social (2)
- sponsored (19)
- star style (31)
- style trend (138)
- the look for less (12)
- travel (7)
- Why you need a moto jacket (and sale season begins!)
- #flatflay Friday & weekend links
- Style: baker boy caps (starting at $9)
- J.Crew fall outfit: striped sweater & navy blazer // Style Me Wednesday
- How to style: casual plaid blazer look